Friday, February 5, 2010

NFL YET has YET to come through







I went to the NFL Yet Center yesterday on 70th street and 22nd ave with Jessica and we spoke to "Mr. Dan", I don't remember his last name right now, he's the head of the computer literacy program at the center. We looked at some of thier programs in the computer. They teach grades k-2 and 7-12. I spoke to Benjamin Charles who is the site coordinator he AND "Mr. Dan" told us that today the NFL sponsors and some players were coming to the center today. It would be the last of a string of superbowl events at the center this week. So, me and Jessica were like "yes, we have a great event to cover"!! So, I go there today and come to find out the event wasnt being held there, it was at edison instead! Jay Z was there, so was Pharell and we missed the entire thing!!! I'm like how come these people don't know what's going on??!?!? Jessica had been trying to contact the director of the program, Mr. Johnson, and he hasn't been around and doesn't answer the phone or emails either. Today he was there, but there were some NFL exec's there and I walked into one of their very important meetings. Luckily I wasn't completely humiliated because they thought I was a part of it for some odd reason lmao! I dressed nice, but not in a suit or anything so that was kind of wierd...and funny. Anyway, we missed a huge event :(
After that, I went to Charles Hadley Park again and I spoke to some of the people about the tournament. There were about 6 senior citizens there one was a (mother- daughter). I found out that they will have a tournament tomorrow at 3p.m. It's a pretty big deal, so I know that this story isn't in the budget yet, but it is something that is interesting to me and I think I can cover it well. I took some pix while I was there

No comments:

Post a Comment